Monday, June 16, 2008

things i need to settle

1. house to rent for a month. i don't want to move into any fancy villa with 'private pools' and all that luxury holidaymakers normally get. i want to rent a small one-bedroom house that's made of wood. i don't want a modern house, although a pool is nice but i just want to live normally, as in like a local in bali and not a tourist. i want to meet and greet balinese neighbors. and maybe even see monkeys in the morning.


2. gather up a few friends. i already made a two special friends in bali. one was my friend's friend who works at a popular bar in kuta and the other one's a nice mid 40's catholic driver who took me around during my first three days in bali. let's give them fictional names: V and F (obviously its their initials) so yeah, V is such a sweet girl and i love her to bits. she calls me sweetheart and darling and dear. F, on the other hand, seems to be a good father. he's only got one son and he's very proud of him (from all his stories, i can surely say he raised him so well) from these two people, i can extend my network. i already met one through V, his name is I. I is V's suitor, and a very consistent at that. i also met a few local surfers and vendors along kuta beach while suntanning. i know they won't remember me but i sure do remember their faces and when i see them i will give them a big hug (especially that one old lady who came up to me five times cuz she wants to give me a massage for 100,000 rupiah. the next time i come back i will finally let her massage me even if hate it so much!)


3. find a good surfing school. i have over 5 surfing school brochures which i took from the hotel lobby. surfer girl's got my attention because of 2 reasons: 1. i went to an all-girl school from kindergarten to high school, 11 years of my life and i think its just right for me to go to an all-girl surfing school. hehe! seriously though, i miss the all-girls environment. it's crazy and beautiful! 2. their transport and surfboards are pink! and pink is my favorite color. i will be posting specific entries about surfing schools later on and pictures are going to be everywhere!


4. adopt a dog. i need a house that's pet friendly. i already looked at the kuta townhouses but it looks so, um, cosmopolitan. and i don't like living in buildings anymore. i want a landed property where taking an elevator is not necessary for you to get to your home! i hate dogs, i hate pets, i hate everything that needs to be taken care of 'cuz i don't think i can even take care of myself. but this time, i'm going to do it. this is one major test of patience. i will adopt a nice little puppy and i'm gonna name him/her INDIE (for indonesia). indie is going to be so happy and healthy living with me. she/he is going to hit the beach with me everyday and we will have so much fun together!

i guess that's about it. i know i will have to consider more things as time passes by. we'll see. =)

No comments: